PTA Members Meet with Legislators on Important Initiatives
Lexington, MA; March 11, 2021 – Members of Massachusetts Parent Teacher Association (PTA) participated in the National PTA’s Legislative Conference this week. As the single largest child advocacy association in the United States, the National PTA®, which includes the Massachusetts PTA, prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for public education. Massachusetts PTA is devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools. During the conference attendees heard from speakers, participated in workshops, and witnessed the presentation of many advocacy awards. They also met with our U.S. Senators, Representatives and their key staff members to discuss issues that affect the well-being, health and educational success of every child in the State of Massachusetts and to highlight what legislative initiatives are necessary.
Key initiatives the delegation from Massachusetts PTA highlighted included:
● Increased funding for the Statewide Family Engagement Centers
● Ensure meaningful, robust investments in education in Covid relief package
● Include schools in any comprehensive infrastructure package
● Improve the federal school meal program through Child Nutrition Reauthorization
● Support policies that protect all students, including students from historically marginalized populations
The mission of the PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.