Parents want the best for their children – academic and career success near the top of the list. But, just as Big Tech tells us they have all the answers, they are also manipulating kids with data-collecting games and learning apps, and advertising from social media influencers which is disguised as content. Join Jean Rogers and David Monahan of Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood (CCFC) for a deep dive into just what developmental pieces are being eroded when children develop excessive and screen habits—and specific ideas on what parents and teachers can do to minimize the impact.
Take home skills:
- How apps are manipulating children by exploiting their trust in beloved characters for profit.
- How CCFC is protecting children’s privacy through advocacy at the FTC and partnership with other organizations.
- How for-profit online preschools are displacing critical play-based programs that develop executive functioning skills, social-emotional learning and essential whole body activities for coordination, self-regulation, and strength.
- How AI is reducing kids’ ability to think critically and become problem solvers.
- How the Children’s Screen Time Action Network supports practitioners, educators, and parents who want to learn more and take action.
Tune in for a lively and enlightening dialogue. There will be time for viewer questions as well. For more information and to register, click here.