Massachusetts PTA fought long and hard to get a parent voice on the Massachusetts Board of Education. Thanks in great part to then State Representative and Massachusetts PTA Legislative liaison, Ruth Provost, this vision came to fruition in the mid-2000s. The Governor appoints a parent representative from three candidates put forth by the Massachusetts PTA.
The parent representative seat on BESE is up for re-appointment by the Governor this year. If you are interested, please complete the application below and email to BESE@masspta.org by noon on Sunday, August 18, 2019
- You must be the parent of a child attending public school
- You cannot be an employee of any school (public or private) or any school department
- You cannot serve on a school committee
- You must be a PTA member.
- This is a 5-year term
- You must attend monthly meetings (10 months). The schedule can be found at http://www.doe.mass.edu/bese/
If you would like more information or have any questions, please contact BESE@masspta.org