Sessions – 2020 MA PTA Convention
Join us for a “Look Within, Celebrating Our Communities and Members!”
March 28, 2020 – Whether you are looking for ways to diversify your PTA’s leadership, increase interest in local PTA events, find no-hassle fundraising ideas or increase and diversify your membership and volunteer leaders, the 2020 MA PTA Convention has opportunities for you to discover it all.
You will come to Convention knowing what you do at your school and PTA. But you will leave Convention thinking about the possibilities for your school and PTA, as well as your own leadership abilities.
Workshops will deliver proven ways to:
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Engage and empower parents to support student success and overall well-being
- Advocate for the needs of every child in your school, community or state
- Develop partnerships that support growth and mission implementation
Check out Sessions for the 2020 Convention
1:15 p.m. – 2:25 p.m. Session 1
Meet Your Board of Directors
MA PTA Board of Directors available to answer questions in round table discussions for: President/President Elect; Secretary/Treasurer; Advocacy; Reflections; Health; Special Education; Diversity/Inclusion; etc.
2:35 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. General Session
This is YOUR organization. Attend the annual meeting to vote on important issues and let your voice be heard! Meet with state, national, and other local PTA leaders to discuss any topics/issues that are important to you. Get answers to your questions. Feel free to send topics to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time, but we will tackle anything that comes up
- Bylaws – Bylaws govern an organization’s operations and contain the basic rules relating principally to itself as an association.The MA PTA bylaws outline the basic purpose of PTA, lists basic policies of the MA PTA association and provides a structure for how the PTA association is set up.The bylaws also provide information on MA PTA committee structure, the annual convention and amendment process.
- Business of the Association including Legislative Agenda
- Election of PTA Officers for the 2020-2022 term
- Afternoon Keynote Speaker- TBD
4:45 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. Session 2
Look Within PTA – Advocacy is at Our Core
Join us as we “Look Within” the history of PTA and how advocacy is at our core. We will be highlighting National, State and Local PTA advocacy efforts and discuss what we can do to work together to further the mission of PTA “to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.