Reflect on the Theme
Think about the 2016-17 theme: What Is Your Story? We want to know who you are and how you see the world around you.
This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Your work will be reviewed by experienced arts and education volunteers. Judges look for the following:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
For inspiration, visit the National award-winning Art Gallery.
Tell Us About Your Work
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Win Awards & Prizes!
Be recognized as an artist and enter to win awards and prizes provided by your local, regional, state and National PTA!
The search is on for a future National PTA Reflections theme!
One exceptional theme will be chosen on February 1, 2017 to inspire creativity for the 2018-2019 PTA Reflections program theme. The winner will receive $100 and recognition at the Annual National PTA Convention. Theme Search judges look for a focused and clear theme promoting PTA values that is appropriate for all grades and applicable to all arts categories. Past themes are not considered.
Click here for more information on how to enter the Theme Search contest.
- Congratulations to the 2016 Theme Search Contest Winner, Ben Berselli of Shady Grove PTA, VA. Ben’s theme Within Reach will be featured as the 2017-2018 PTA Reflections program theme.
- Congratulations to the 2015 Theme Search Contest Winner, Brianna Eisman of Douglas Anderson PTSA, FL. Brianna’s theme What Is Your Story? will be featured as the 2016-2017 PTA Reflections program theme.