That’s why Massachusetts State PTA members are dedicated to promoting effective health education programs and services in schools and communities in order to offer children, youth and families the skills, tools and abilities they need to make healthy choices.
Through action in the State Capitol, in our schools and in our neighborhoods, concerned Massachusetts parents and community members advocate for statewide health programs, and we actively participate on a wide variety of statewide committees addressing mental, physical and environmental health issues.
Our current efforts include:
- Supporting immunization legislation to protect vulnerable children
- Supporting efforts to provide equal access to quality, affordable, basic and preventive healthcare for all children, youth, pregnant women and their families
- Supporting solutions that enable all children with chronic illness or other healthcare needs to be safe in Massachusetts schools, such as by promoting education of parents and school personnel on the complexities of disease management
- Educating families to recognize the importance of a healthy environment and the potential dangers that environmental contamination poses for children’s developing minds and bodies.
- Bringing greater awareness of behavior-health issues and social/emotional development through collaborating with the school community and creating a full range of services to help all kids thrive.
It’s up to all of us to bring concerned people, agencies and organizations together to act on the urgent health needs of Massachusetts’s children: the bright future of our State. Stay on top of the developments and get involved with our free email alerts, and stay in touch with your local PTA for the latest information on health issues and programs at your school.
Communities, Schools, Families and Parents build
Healthy Children, Youth and Students