Win gift cards for your unit!
All units which submit their dues and membership lists by November 1, will be placed in a drawing for $100 gift card. Two units will be selected. Winners will be notified by November 5th.
The following will be determined and awarded based on dues/membership submissions received by December 1, 2017
First unit to submit:
a 10 member increase over last year’s total membership will receive a $25 gift card
a 15 member increase over last year’s total membership will receive a $50 gift card
a 20 member increase over last year’s total membership will receive a $75 gift card
a 25 member increase over last year’s total membership will receive a $100 gift card
Units may select gift cards from Amazon, Barnes&Noble or Dollar Days.
Awards to be presented at the Massachusetts PTA Annual Convention, April 7, 2018
General Membership Awards – No application needed
- Early Bird Award – Initial membership dues submitted by October 1st.
- Chickadee Silver Award –submit an additional 10 members by December 31st.
- Chickadee Gold Award –submit an additional 15 members by December 31st.
- Chickadee Platinum Award –submit an additional 25 members by December 31st.
- Golden Apple Award – Units with 100% membership of full-time certified staff.
- One Voice for Every Child Award – Membership equal to or greater than number of students enrolled in the school
- Massachusetts Honor Roll – Units with membership equal to or greater than 60% of their enrollment.
- Challenge Award – Units with 5% membership increase over the previous year’s membership total.
- Making a Difference Award – Units with at least a 15% member increase over the previous year’s membership total.
- Community Outreach Award – Units with at least 10 non-traditional member
- Grandparent Silver Star Award – Units with at least 10 members who are grandparents of students.
- Grandparent Gold Star Award – Units with at least 25 members who are grandparents of students
Leadership Awards – Application required
The Barbara Bailey Membership Award
Barbara Bailey was president of Massachusetts PTA in the early 1990’s. During her term (and beyond!), she was able to help units manage memberships, bylaws, and conflicts. To recognize her continued dedication to units across the state, we are honored to name this award after her. Describe a successful membership drive that your unit completed during the past year.
The Carol Woodbury Leadership Award
Carol Woodbury was the president of the Massachusetts PTA from 1999-2002. During her term, she inspired units across the state to work together and form positive relationships with school administrations and the community. Carol continues to work on behalf of students, parents and teachers in Massachusetts where she works as a superintendent. Write a brief description of an inspiring leader in your local unit. Tell us what makes that person inspiring and how it made a difference in your school/community.
Student Advocate Award
This award is given to a student on the Local Unit level who has made significant contributions through Leadership/Service. In a short essay, describe how this student exemplifies and stands out among others of his/her peers, how they adopted and carried out the mission of the PTA and volunteered their time to bring this to fruition.
Spirit of PTA Award
This award recognizes volunteers who promote and encourage the essence of PTA in their communities…every Child. one Voice. Write a short essay describing someone you feel portrays the true essence of PTA. Members must be registered to accept the award. This award is open to a variety of leadership roles that your unit feels a member is deserving of recognition: newsletter, event planning, public relations, fundraising, etc. Your local dues can cover any convention expenses, as well.
Outstanding Principal of the Year Award
This award is to recognize school principal who is supportive, helpful, and personally involved in the PTA.
Spotlight on Men Award
This award rewards those units who focus on ways to engage the fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles, mentors, business partners, etc. In a short essay, describe how your PTA has utilized or involved fathers in your school or community. Attach fliers/news articles/screen shots that are related.
Newsletter/ Communications (Examples of Publication Required)
Do you have a great way of keeping your PTA community informed? Whether it is newsletters that are sent home in a backpack, emails or a website that helps members keep up-to-date with your PTA happenings, show us how you communicate. Submit an example of your communication.
Community Membership Award
In order to bring into closer relations the school and community, i.e., places of worship, businesses, community leaders, etc., this award will be given to those PTAs that recruit twenty-five members from the community in addition to parents who also serve in community leadership positions.
This Award is given to PTA units that promote literacy among students, families and the community; support the Media Center with activities that help make students better readers, writers and thinkers; and advance the ideals of learning through the written word.