In 2017, National PTA celebrates 120 years of advocating for children. Reviewing our mission, to make EVERY Child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children, leads us to recognize that there are groups of individuals that may not feel welcome as part of PTA or the school community.
With that in mind, we will convene our 107th Massachusetts PTA Convention, “Opening Doors: Inclusion & Diversity in PTA,” on Saturday, March 18, 2017 at the UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center. We will spend the morning exploring how we, as an organization, can engage and support those diverse populations we sometimes fail to recognize or include.
- Racially and ethnically diverse populations
- Grandparents raising grandchildren
- LGBTQ children and parents
- Military families
- Families dealing with:
- Foster care
- Mental illness
Following those discussions:
- Workshop, “Man up your PTA Membership” presented by National PTA board member, Geronimo Rodriguez
- Celebration of your successes at our awards luncheon
- General session
- Closing session
- State and national PTA Board members available to answer your questions
- Door prizes
Registration is $35.00 and includes continental breakfast and lunch.
Register three for $100.00.
Save big by registering four attendees or just $100.00!