Massachusetts PTA on occasion has both volunteer and contractual positions available. Below is a list of current positions available with the Massachusetts PTA.
Health Committee Administrative Assistant
This Administrative Assistant Position is for a contract amount not to exceed $1,000.00 estimated to be 65 project hours over the next 8 months. Position will begin in March 20, 2017 and end November 20, 2017. This position will be an Independent Consultant position. No benefits will be included with this position.
- High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred or the equivalent including College Internship opportunity
- Applicant should be a self-starter who shows initiative and can work as a team with the Health Chair and committee members of the Massachusetts PTA
- Applicant must accept responsibility competently and skillfully in addition to being trustworthy and reliable
- Applicant needs to possess:
- Computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, WordPress, and Social Media skills, etc.
- Excellent typing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Organizational skills, dependability, confidentiality and accepting responsibility are imperative
- Hours are flexible and can be negotiated and cooperative. Availability during mornings, afternoons and early evening a plus
- Self-motivated, creative, and an ability to work independently, as well as working in collaboration with the Health Committee team, in a very fast paced manner
- Written and verbal communication skills. These skills include editing, proofreading and finalizing Health Committee Documents for the Summit
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to schedules and timelines
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds
- Massachusetts drivers license required
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references
- Collaborate with Massachusetts PTA Health Care Chairperson and Massachusetts PTA Health Committee for the purpose of support for the Second Annual Massachusetts Health Summit
- Record minutes at various meetings, keeping minutes and documents in an organized fashion.
- Distribute various documents to the committee via hand delivery, mail and/or internet
- Prepare and maintain registrant, sponsor, presenters, and exhibitors spreadsheets
- Prepare and maintain financial spreadsheets tracking revenue and expenses
- Coordinate Exhibitor, Sponsor and Presenter Subcommittees
- Ability to attend meetings required
- Available the day of and the day before the Annual Health Summit, tentatively set for Thursday, November 16, 2017 and Friday, November 17, 2017 required
- Report directly to the Chairperson of Massachusetts PTA Health Committee and the Massachusetts PTA President
- Other duties as assigned
All resumes should be accompanied with a cover letter of introduction and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to Jackie Coogan, Massachusetts PTA Health Chairperson and Jennifer Francioso, Massachusetts PTA President. This position is open now. Please send resume immediately but no later than March 6th.